Friday, November 5, 2010

Confronting my superstitions and irrational fears

First, a little Stevie for y'all.

I am seriously superstitious. Like, bad. If someone says knock on wood, I have to do it 3 times. Knock twice and I have to add another. If I knock over the salt, I have throw some over my shoulder. I still hold my breath if I drive past a cemetary.

Do you remember the movie "Candyman?" That shit scared the ever loving BEJESUS out of me when I saw it. For those that dont know, this is the legend. It's an awful story, probably based in a lot of truth. For years since I first saw the movie, I cant tolerate even joking about it. Because yes, the is some 4 year old part of me that thinks if I say "Candyman" in a mirror 5 times, he's gonna jump out and murder me. HOLY SHIT. I've just given myself the heebie-jeebies thinking about it.But I decided to try it out. And then I chickened out. This went back and forth for some time. I was going to pretend that I had done it and lie to all of you, but that's more bad karma I cant afford on my account at this juncture. And I cant really take the chance on the C-Man either. I just can't. WHAT IF IT'S REAL?!?!?!?!

Consider this a failure if you must. I'm hoping you're all still rockin' out to Mr. Wonder and aren't even worried about my chicken shit ass.Sing it, Stevie...

No comments:

Post a Comment