Saturday, November 13, 2010

Date Night

Oh Date Night, how I've missed thee.

The Mister and I went out tonight to do a little Christmas shopping for the Divine One and to try and reconnect. Mission accomplished. We went to the Macaroni Grille for dinner, stuffing ourselves silly with that delicious bread loaf and cream sauce and calamari. It was so nice to sit at the bar and eat without having to take someone to the bathroom 300 times, without someone whining, being able to finish my meal while it was hot.

After getting all the items on the VERY specific list given to us by our 3 year old (p.s. we dont have cable. Where is she learning about Pillow Pets?), we went and bought a new coffee maker, a Christmas tree and a Starbucks latte. We headed for home, put on the sensibles, tucked into a beer and I made an apple pie.

Honestly, I know to a lot of people this sounds like the lamest night ever. Hell, 10 years ago I would have thought so too. But now...I just described heaven kids! It's all about perspective, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment